After completing my undergraduate studies at Montclair State University in three years, I moved to California and went to the University of San Diego School of Law. I received my Juris Doctor, and I continued my graduate studies there and received a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation.
I joined a mid-sized tax litigation firm with a reputation for being the best in San Diego. I was fortunate to work alongside award winning attorneys and get real world tax controversy experience. While there, I was promoted to senior associate attorney and was privileged to work on some of the firm’s biggest, most complex matters.
But I am a New Jersey native. And while San Diego is beautiful, there is no place like home. I moved my family back to NJ and used the knowledge and experience I accumulated over the years to start my own practice.
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Tax Court
- Appealed disallowed claim of $1 million in exemptions on taxpayer’s excise tax return. The claim was allowed in appeals resulting in zero tax due. Over $300,000 in penalties were also removed.
- Settled taxpayer’s liability through the IRS Offer in Compromise program for less than 2% of the amount owed.
- Appealed violation relating to the sale of untaxed tobacco. Taxpayer was facing a large penalty and suspension of the business for 20 days. After the appeal, the state imposed no penalties and did not suspend the business because of mitigating evidence presented.
- Successfully abated full amount of $50,000 trust fund recovery penalty.
- Successfully abated over $700,000 in failure to file and failure to pay penalties.
- Represented client who omitted income from a foreign account in a federal income tax audit.
- Represented multiple taxpayers with undisclosed foreign income and assisted them in entering the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure and the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures.
- Represented publicly traded company with over $114 million dollars in payroll tax liability.
Awards & Publications
- Best of the Bar – San Diego Business Journal 2016
- New York Society of CPAs Settling Your Debt with the IRS: Offers in Compromise 2017
- Moderator, USD School of Law – RJS LAW Tax Controversy Institute, Resolving Disputes in the Bankruptcy Forum, 2016
- Speaker, CSTC ECSD Chapter June 7th Dinner Meeting, IRS Audit Red Flags & International Tax Compliance Issues, 2016
- Speaker, Seminar, Audits, Collections, and Offshore Disclosures, 2015
- Speaker, Seminar, Offshore Disclosure Programs, 2015
- Speaker, Appeals, Collections, OIC, & Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program IRS & FTB Issues—Southern California Tax Professionals, 2014